October 25, 2012

Wooly Sez...

Well, Fall is here, so that means Winter is just around the corner.  So here to tell us precisely what the Winter weather has in store for us is no other than...
That's right.  The good ol' Wooly Worm.

I had seen several of them speedily attempting to cross the highway as I was driving along recently, and just so happened to spot this excellent specimen speedily attempting to cross my very own driveway just this past weekend.

Lilly was in the house at the time of my discovery, so naturally I lifted up the leaf that it was on, it fearfully stood completely still, and I proudly marched into the house with it in tow.  After Lilly's brief and deadpan acknowledgement of "cool", I proceeded to happily march it back outside to return it to nature, when the unthinkable happened.  Unbeknownst to me, it had resumed crawling, started making its way off the leaf, and lightly brushed my finger for 1/10th of a second.  So of course I let out a bloodcurdling scream whilst flailing my arms like Grover on Sesame Street, and if memory serves, simultaneously performing some type of snappy little dance with my feet and legs.  During this dance (which I shall henceforth christen The GETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFFGETITOFF), I inadvertently must have slung the poor creature into next week.

However, upon reviewing the photographic evidence, Wooly clearly foretells with its black rings that this Winter most assuredly will have an early cold beginning, and then a late cold spell towards the end.  (Do NOT say "duh")!  LOL!

As an interesting side note, a couple of days later, I spotted yet another Wooly Worm (except this one was just inside the threshold of a building, curled up like a cheezy poof (mmmmm...cheezy poofs...),*ahem* and presumably dead -- someone else must have GETITOFF'ed it into the following week --, but this particular Wooly Worm had NO STRIPES WHATSOEVER.  It was completely just plain ol' solid brown.  So does that mean a mild Winter?  Let's hope so (but I seriously doubt it...after all, how could you possibly trust a swivelled-up ol' cheezy poof-of-a-worm that had been trapped up inside a building for who knows how long)...hmph!

As for me, I'm trusting the forecast of the Wooly that was cheerfully crossing my own driveway.  (Poor thing...I probably slung it all the way to Punxsutawney Phil's)...*sigh*  :/

No comments:

Post a Comment