July 12, 2014

Lilly Made It Home From Camp! / Frog City

Well, Lilly made it back home from camp yesterday!  She had a lot of fun.  She had some mixed emotions about it; one minute she said it sucked, but then she would turn around and said it was fun.  I asked her if she would want to do it again next year, and she said no, but then she immediately said maybe.  So we'll see.  I think she would have had a slightly better time if she hadn't have had to share a cabin with a crappy mean little girl that she can't stand.  But all in all, I think the experience was great for Lilly.  She said she did get homesick (for the cat and bunny, allegedly).  But she made it through just fine.  Lilly ended up going to sleep pretty early Friday night because I guess she was really worn out, so that was good.  Maybe it will help us get ourselves back into a more reasonable routine.

And now, on to the frogs.

As I have mentioned before, we have an unusually large abundance of frogs around our house this year.  One day this week, most of the frogs were feeling photogenic, so I took some pictures of them.

Check it out.  Our crosstie wall has become a frog apartment complex, with 4 tenants on the first floor:

The first one is Big Frank.  He's the largest, and grumpiest-looking:
*I thawt I told yu to git off mah lawn!  Nao git!*

Then there's Big Frank's neighbors, Howard and Myrtle:
(Myrtle's on the left, and Howard's on the right).

*pleezd tu maik ur ackwaintence*

Howard and Myrtle's next-door neighbor, Ethel, is pretty shy and aloof.  She doesn't like to have her picture taken.

But there's another neighbor that lives in the basement, Luther, and he likes to play games.

Can you spot Luther?:

Look really hard.

Howard and Myrtle know where he is.

Still can't find Luther?

Here he is:
In a hole in the ground!

LOL!

Clyde is another neighbor who lives in a single-family rock dwelling adjacent to the apartment complex.  

In this picture, I caught him comfily nestled down in the cool, moist dirt in his front yard, but usually he's sunning himself on his front deck:
*aaaaaahhhhhh...so refreshing...*

In the next frog town over (Front Yard Frog Town), I met two new frogs.  I didn't even know that town was there!  It was quite a nice surprise!

Here they are...Beatrice and Herman!  (I was so excited, it caused the picture to be a little blurry):
(Beatrice is in the hole, while Herman looks out)

Beatrice, Toad In The Hole:

*this is my 'good side'*

Beatrice actually kinda liked the photo shoot, but once Herman caught on, he freaked out.

He hopped over and whispered to Beatrice, asking if she was aware that someone was taking her picture, and she just gave him the cold shoulder (get it?  Cold Shoulder?  Cold-blooded amphibian?  A-hahahaha I crack myself up)!  *ahem*:
*psssst...hey, Beatrice...*

*piss off, Herman; I'm in the middle of a photo shoot*

*fine*

*wh- what?  Holy crap!  Wait a minute!  What's this?  Glamour Shots?*

*Oh hail no...I'm outta here...!*

*all right!  An escape crack!*

*I'll hop in here until that crazy person with the camera goes away!*

And there you have it.  I don't know why we have so many frogs around the house this year, but they sure are entertaining!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment