December 15, 2013

The Cake

Tomorrow is Jamie's 42nd birthday, so I decided to be nice and bake him a cake.  I texted him from the cake mix aisle in the grocery store and asked him what flavor he wanted.  He replied back with "chocolate; or you could just get me a box of Ding-Dongs".  Uh, NO.  A sh*tty box of store-bought Ding-Dongs is entirely unacceptable in the realm of birthday celebrations, even if you are an actual 'ding-dong' like Jamie is.  >:/

So when I got home from the grocery store, I asked Jamie and Lilly if I should make cupcakes, a round cake, or a rectangle cake.  Jamie didn't care (remember, he would have been satisfied with just a stupid box of Ding-Dongs), so Lilly chose a round cake.

So off I went to the kitchen to bake the cake.

When it was done, I took the pans out of the oven, and I could tell that it was probably gonna be good.  The last time I made a cake, the stupid cake somehow managed to stick to the nonstick pan, and I had to scrape and scratch and pry it out, which of course made it totally crumble and suck.  But this time, I could see that the edge of the cake was slightly separated from the pans all the way around, so I knew it was probably going to come out of the pans just fine.  (Plus I used different pans than I did last time, just as an experiment to see if that would make any difference).

Well, I let it cool for 10 minutes just like the box said to do.  And the first cake that I flopped out of the pan turned out just fine:
*oh yeah...I'm a cake BOSS...!*
And after I got done doing my short, mini-dance of success, I flopped the second cake out of its pan:
*wait...what?!?...DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!*
The damn cake stuck to the pan in one place, causing a giant crater to be ripped out of it!  (But you better believe I scooped out the part that was stuck in the pan and promptly inserted it into my mouth)!  YUMMMMM!

Oh well, that's what frosting is for......disguise!  Heh heh!  >:D

See?  It turned out just fine!

Giant crater?  What giant crater?  HEH HEH HEH...
Ssshhh......

No comments:

Post a Comment