November 24, 2012

Stupid Christmas Lights! GRR!

I am so P.O.'ed!

I was fiddlin' around the house a while ago and happened to notice that a portion of one of the strands of lights on my Christmas tree isn't working!

It's like this:

These are the lights that I brought brand new from the dollar store last year.  And just like last year, they worked perfectly when I put them on the tree, but a day or two later, they stopped working.  How is that even possible?

(If these stupid things end up burning my house down, somebody better SUE)!!!

I considered (for 2 seconds) reluctantly going and purchasing another strand of lights to fill in the *crickets chirping* portion of my tree, but I figured with my luck, those lights would suck and burn out too.  So I guess I'll just live with it.

Even the Christmas lights I strung up outside on the porch this year are ghetto.  I used to have 2 sets of white icicle lights, but some damn dog chewed up one of my sets last year, destroying it, and I had to throw it away.  So that left me with only 1 strand of white icicle lights.  I strung them on the porch railing yesterday, plugged them in, and there was a good 3 or 4-foot span of the strand that wasn't working.  Not to mention that it was nowhere near long enough to reach the whole length of the porch rail.  I decided to improvise.  I wasn't about to admit defeat and go buy new lights (because with the experience I've had, who knows if the brand new ones would even work anyway).  So I grabbed a strand of colored lights that I wasn't using elsewhere, and plugged those into the white icicle lights to try to help make up the difference.  Then a portion of the strand of colored lights went out.  By that point, I didn't give a D anymore, and just decided that it would be

So my stupid outside Christmas lights look like this:

I know, LAAAME.

I promise I'll do better next year.  But this year, I REFUSE to buy new lights!  >:{  I don't care how ghetto my lights look!

But you better believe that when this Christmas is over...
ALL THE LIGHTS
WILL GO IN THE TRASH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment