November 16, 2012

Tales from the Grocery Store, Volume 3

Yesterday I made my weekly trek to the grocery store.  I made it through uneventfully until I got to the checkout.  The bagboyman (who looked to be in maybe his 50s) who was bagging my groceries took note of the 4 various-flavored packets of Kool-Aid that I had purchased (lemonade was not among them), and then he began touting so hard the amazing and virtually miraculous dishwasher-cleansing abilities of lemonade-flavored Kool-Aid:
At first I was slightly intrigued (for maybe 6 seconds), but then after what seemed like 15 minutes of him going on and on and on and raving about how if you take a packet of lemonade-flavored Kool-Aid (and for the love of God, you better make dang sure it's just plain lemonade-flavored), and you put it in the place of your dishwasher where you normally put in the washing powders, and run the dishwasher, after it's done with its cycle, the dishwasher will magically be clean-as-a-whistle and look brand-spanking-new inside.  The man wasn't sure if it would work with dishwashers that are stainless-steel inside, however.  

I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  It was so bad that I was afraid he would force me to walk back to the beverage mix aisle to grab a packet of lemonade Kool-Aid to meet his satisfaction before he would allow me to exit the store.

Driving home, I thought about it, and came to the conclusion that on the side, the man is probably secretly the only dishwasher repairman in the tri-state area, and he just works as a bagboy part-time so that he can sew the seeds of wanton dishwasher destruction via packets of lemonade-flavored Kool-Aid for his own job security.

OH, YEAAHH!!!  >:P

No comments:

Post a Comment