February 2, 2014

The Taco Party Platter Dream

It must have been the result of me seeing the large variety of fancy and expensive party platters for Super Bowl Sunday in the grocery store sale paper yesterday that caused me to have this dream.

Anyway, last night I dreamed that I was grocery shopping, pushing my buggy along the refrigerated grocery cases, and looking around for what I needed.  I passed by a large party platter laying in the case, which consisted of maybe 30 hard-shell tacos, with some tortilla bowls of taco salad thrown in.  In my dream, I was grocery shopping while hungry, and those taco salads looked really good to me.  But I kept on pushing the buggy down the aisle.  A few moments later, I came across another taco party platter that someone had obviously decided not to get after all, and laid down in a random section of the refrigerated case.  I decided to just take a closer look at the taco party platter out of curiosity, to see exactly what was in it, and how much it cost.  So I picked it up, looked at the tacos, and noticed that they weren't special at all; they just looked like the dumb old regular tacos I would fix at home.  So then I tilted the platter to its side to read the price tag.  Upon seeing the price, I immediately threw the platter back down into the refrigerated case.  $919 (and some-odd cents)!!!  I was utterly shocked and disgusted.  I thought to myself how could anybody be so stupid to actually purchase a stupid taco platter that wasn't even really that good for such an exorbitant price?!?  It was then that I looked over and saw that a grocery-store employee had one of the taco party platters open, and was offering free samples to the grocery store patrons.  I saw a lady (who in real life is actually a pediatrician here in town), tasting the wares, smiling, and nodding, and exclaiming how delicious it was.  I could hear her and the grocer talking about all the *fancy* ingredients that were used to make the taco party platter (I think *hummus* was involved).

Well, it really pissed me off to think that anybody would actually purchase one of these stupid overpriced taco party platters, so I marched myself (buggy in tow) down to this fancy, rich doctor lady (who was still munching on a tortilla, going "mmmmm!", and about to purchase one of the platters).  I got up in her face, and said smartly, "You know, I could make better sh*t than this myself at home with Old El Paso"!  And I stormed off.

LOLOLOLOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment