January 31, 2014

Is It Wednesday?

Today I was sitting in the recliner, doing some handicrafts and watching TV.  Lilly was on the couch with the dogs, petting and playing with them.  All of a sudden, there was a little commotion, and Lilly yelled out, "Maddie!  What are you doin'?!?"  It's very common for Lilly to be a chatterbox all day long, so I just ignored it.  Then Lilly said, "Mom!  What's Maddie doin'?!?"  So I looked up from my handicraft to see what was going on, only to see Maddie sitting on the couch right behind Lilly, just a-humping away!  The confused and bewildered look on Lilly's face was priceless.  I immediately yelled, "MADDIE!!!...Lilly, get up!!!"

Lilly wanted to know what Maddie had been doing.  I took several moments to try to collect my thoughts.  But Lilly kept pressing me for an answer, so I reluctantly told her that it was called "humping".  Of course then Lilly wanted to know why Maddie had been doing it.  I didn't really know what to say, so I said that Maddie was just trying to mate.  Lilly said, "You mean she was trying to MARRY ME?!?"  I laughed and said no.  Then Lilly worriedly asked, "Am I pregnant?!?  Am I gonna have puppies?!?"  And I said, "NO, NO, NO; it doesn't work like that".  Then Lilly inexplicably said with relief "Good thing I'm the wife"!

Several minutes passed, and I was hoping the ordeal (along with all of Lilly's questions) was over.  However, evidently the more Lilly thought about it, the more traumatized she became.  Finally, she asked me with a serious tone, "Mom, is it Wednesday"?  I replied, "No; you know it's Friday".  And Lilly said (frowning, with her eyes as big as saucers), "Because Wednesday is Hump Day".

I almost fell in the floor laughing.

Earlier this evening, we were sitting around the living room laughing about what Maddie had done to Lilly, and Lilly said, "Hey, we oughta call Maddie 'Humpty Dumpty'"!

And I thought I was gonna die laughing again!

LOL!!!  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment