April 8, 2013

What's a "Tampin"?

Oh dear.  We were driving in the car on the way to Lilly's gymnastics class earlier this evening, and Lilly was in the back seat reading a book.  It was a nice little book aimed toward girls a little older than Lilly, giving them helpful hints and tricks on how to deal with tricky or embarrassing situations.  I realized this as soon as Lilly asked this question from the back seat:  "Mom...what's a tampin"?  After I thought about it for 3 seconds, it dawned on me.  "Tampin" = Tampon.  Oh dear!  So after I gently corrected her to tell her how the word was actually pronounced, she wanted to know what it was.  Seeing as how we were almost at gymnastics, and I didn't have time to explain things very well, Lilly piped up and said "oh, is it one of those things for your --" and I interjected "YES...I'll tell you about it later...I've been meaning to tell you about that kind of thing anyway".  Daddy, in the meantime, was sitting in the passenger's seat next to me, just grinning and shaking his head.

:/

No comments:

Post a Comment