February 27, 2015

Yet Another Snow Day!

Yesterday we had an EPIC snow day!

We got just a tad over 5 inches of snow here at the house:
(highly scientific measurement of cramming a free ruler they give elementary school kids down into the snow)

After the previous day's sledding adventure, we came to the conclusion that Lilly's boots sucked because they apparently leaked a little, and they were too thin to keep your feet very warm in the snow (they were fine for a normal day at school; not so much for snow sledding in freezing weather for hours on end).  So we did what any other similar-sized mother/daughter combo would do.  Traded.  Lilly wore my good boots, while I suffered with her crappy ones.

I prepared first, though, by putting plastic grocery store bags on over my socks, before putting Lilly's crappy boots on.  And it worked!:
Anti-leak devices installed!

Then we sledded.  I didn't have any more crashes, though (thank goodness)!  I handed my camera over to Jamie for him to be our video/photographer:



And here are the pictures he took:








The snow was really fun, but I'm still ready for Spring.  Hopefully this will be the last 'hurrah' of Winter for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment