September 23, 2013

Deana's New Glasses! :D


Luckily (?) the week before Jamie got fired, I finally broke down and made myself an eye doctor appointment, since I was long overdue for one by a couple of years.  I figured since we had eye insurance through Jamie's work, then why put it off any longer?  I absolutely had to have new lenses anyway.  So off I went to see Doctor Badbreath.  It turned out that my prescription didn't change, and I figured (to be thrifty) I'd just get some new lenses and have them installed into the frames that I currently use.  When I told Doctor Badbreath that, he (of course) suggested that I just get a whole new set of glasses, frames and all.  So I figured why not.  It turned out that the insurance would cover up to $130 on a new set of frames.  So that definitely helped narrow the selection down.  My eyes were dilated, so I couldn't see a damn thing, but I still somehow managed to pick out a set of frames that seemed pretty good, so I had them order them up for me.  $163 tax, tag & title later, I was out the door.

I had kind of expected my new glasses to come in sometime last week, but they didn't.  I guess it probably took longer for them to make them since I'm so blind.  But they did finally come in today!  I was so happy!

Holy crap!  Now that I look at them, they totally look like the same damn pair of glasses!  But trust me, in person, the new ones look a lot better than the old ones did.

LOL!  :/

No comments:

Post a Comment