September 28, 2013

Well, I Guess Our Little Town is Now Officially On The Map...

Welp, I guess Blairsville is now officially on the map.

We got a Starbucks.

The Starbucks is located just inside the front of the Ingles grocery store.  It opened up a few days ago, and today was the first day I'd been there since it opened, so I got to witness it in operation for the first time.
It cracked me up!  I've never been the type of person to instantly follow the crowd and jump on bandwagons.  I've never even tried Starbucks coffee (other than those little bottled Frappucinos a few times that they've sold off the shelves in stores forever now), so I really have no idea what all the Starbucks hullaballoo is about, and I'm not in a hurry to find out.  I'll stick with my normal breakfast cup of good ol' Dad-style black coffee with just a li'l splash of milk in it, thank-you-very-much.  :)

Anyway, it was just amusing to me to see the crowd of folks all standing there waiting to order their cute li'l mocha-locha-mekka-lekka-hiney-ho lattes (or whatever the heck kind of foo-foo drinks it is that they serve there).  I mean, I was there at like, 6:30 PM, and people were ordering coffee.  I for one, can't imagine drinking coffee at any time during the day other than breakfast (unless you're freezing to death and desperate to get warm, or about to fall asleep and desperate to be awake).  I told Jamie that the people that were drinking coffee that late were 1) going to be up all night, 2) going to be peeing all night, and 3) will have to take a dump first thing in the morning.  (And on a side note, getting fat on all those sugary, doctored-up foofie coffee drinks)!  :/

The funniest thing to me, however, was what we noticed that had been attached to the shopping buggies.  Evidently, to accommodate all the new Starbucks-coffee-drinking-whilst-grocery-shopping patrons, the grocery store had hired someone to haphazardly spot-weld little circles of metal to the fronts of all the buggies, to make convenient impromptu little cupholders for all those Starbucks cups!  LOL!
I guess you can bring a Starbucks to the country, but when you do, expect there to be some hillbilly ingenuity involved somehow!  ;D  {insert banjo music here}!  LOL!!!
Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment