January 25, 2014

Bathing Suits Already? Seriously?

Me and Jamie and Lilly all piled up in the truck earlier this evening (because it warms up a thousand times faster than my car does) and went to town.  I needed to run by the pharmacy and pick up my "crazy-pill" prescription refill, but unfortunately, they were closed when we got there.  They close at 5:00 on Saturdays and I didn't realize it.  I assumed that they closed at 6:00 on Saturdays.  We got there somewhere around 5:15 or so.  And they're totally closed on Sundays.  Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to go on Monday.  I'll just skip my "crazy pill" tonight; that way I'll be able to take my last "crazy pill" on Sunday night, so I won't be "crazy" on Monday!  ;D

Anyway, the trip to town wasn't completely in vain.  Lilly wanted to go to Wal-Mart to get herself another little notebook to write in, and I wanted to get a plain gray or black baseball-style cap to wear sometimes in the lunchroom.  I assumed that the lunchroom would force me to wear hair nets, but they never have told me to, and surprisingly, they don't provide them.  (I've just been wearing my hair pulled back in a clip).  Some of the ladies that work there wear hair nets, but some of them just wear plain baseball-style caps (with no designs or writing on them), and they string their ponytails through the hole in the back of the cap.  If I had a choice (and thank God I do), I wouldn't want to have to wear a dorky ol' hair net.  I thought it was secretly funny one day this week when all of us lunchroom ladies were sitting around taking our afternoon break; one lady was bragging about the great deal she got on hair nets at a grocery store one day.  She said that they were on clearance for 25 cents each, so she bought them all, and now they don't carry them anymore.  I just smiled and nodded, but inside I was secretly giggling!  Well, anyway, the only suitable cap I could find in the whole Wal-Mart store was crammed way back on a shelf in the men's department.  So I got it.  That way, if I wake up one morning and my hair totally sux and won't cooperate to go up in the clip like it sometimes does, I'll have the hat to fall back on as Plan B.  Jamie found himself a neat hat too.  And in addition to Lilly's notebook, she also found the newest Kidz Bop CD that she's been dying for, and a new little funny book to read (I have a secret unwritten policy that I will never deny Lilly a book whenever we're out shopping anywhere.  I made that decision when Lilly was just old enough to start asking for stuff in stores, and I feel like books are important, and not something to ever say "no" to).  Anyway, then we all realized that we were completely out of anything chocolatey to eat at home (I haven't been to the grocery store yet this weekend, and we had just eaten up the rest of the cookie bars that I had made), so we each picked ourselves out a little something chocolatey to eat this evening.  I'll have to go to the grocery store tomorrow and re-stock up on everything and make new cookie bars and stuff.

Anyway, on our way up to the checkout, I was rather alarmed (but yet, somehow not really surprised) to see BATHING SUITS on the racks EVERYWHERE!
I mean, holy schnikes, it's only January, not to mention the fact that it's been below freezing like, practically every day for weeks!  SHEESH!!!  Many people whose New Year's resolution is to lose some weight have probably only lost a few pounds so far, and the last thing they need are *&^% 'itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-dot-bikinis' shoved in their faces everywhere they turn!  I thought to myself "What's next?  Are they gonna put out the Halloween decorations next week?"  Stores are getting way overly ridiculous that way.  It's almost disgusting!  Gee whiz!

And back just after Christmas (it wasn't even January yet), Wal-Mart already had the Valentine's Day stuff out on the shelves (and it was that way in the grocery store, too)!  What the heck?!?  It's just ridiculous.  I mean, by the time you're just starting to think about getting ready to purchase yourself a new bathing suit come late spring/early summer, they'll already have the Christmas decorations back on the shelves again, and no bathing suits in sight!  SHEESH!!!  >:{  It's so stupid!  Bass-ackwards 'store year' versus the actual 'calendar year'!  Meh!  >:{

No comments:

Post a Comment