January 4, 2014

Tales From The Grocery Store, Volume 9

Well, I haven't had one of these in a while.

I just got back from a relatively uneventful trip to the grocery store.  Not much weird has happened there in a while.  But something kind of funny happened today while I was standing at the checkout.

The cashier began *booping* my groceries, and a bagboy came over to begin bagging them.  Suddenly, he broke out and started singing The Beach Boys' song, Barbara Ann.  I mean, not loudly, but in a just-slightly-lower-than-normal-voice tone.

First of all, I despise that song.  But it was still funny.  I know the lyrics are "Barbara Ann", but it has always sounded like they are saying something like "Bobba-ran" to me.

So there was the bagboy, all bustin' out with:

♪  BOH BOH BOH, BOH BOH-BA-RAN  
*places items in bag*
♪  YA GOT ME ROCKIN' AN' A-REELIN'  
*places more items in another bag*
♪  ROCKIN' AN' A-REELIN'  
*places full bags into buggy*
♪  BOBBA RAN  
*opens another bag to place more items in*
♪  BOH BOH, BOH BOH-BA-RAN  

And all I could do was just stand there like this:
And while I was wheeling my buggy full of groceries through the parking lot and down to the car, I was thinking to myself  ♪ BOH BOH BOH, BOH BOH-BA-RAN

And as I was loading all of my bags into the car, I was thinking  YA GOT ME ROCKIN' AN' A-REELIN', ROCKIN' AN' A-REELIN, BOBBA RAN, BOH BOH, BOH BOH-BA-RAN 

After I got done taking my buggy to the cart return and got in my car to go home, I immediately turned on some Led Zeppelin to get that awful "Bobba-ran" junk out of my head.  LOL!

(You're thinking it now, too, aren't you?  HA HA HA, my work here is done)!  XD

BOH BOH BOH, BOH BOH-BA-RAN 

You're welcome!  ;)  HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!

No comments:

Post a Comment